Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Once again it's been a while.



Mississippi.



I got to drive to Mississippi to meet my internet girlfriend (that is unfortunate). It was super great. We relaxed a lot, hung out with her family, visited a nice wildlife refuge, and ate. A LOT. It turns out when you go on a trip you eat double your weight in all sorts of food. It's a good thing I really love eating!



On the way back I had to shimmy my way through back highways to escape the gripping clutches of Hurricane Gustav. I couldn't have picked a better route. It was absolutely beautiful. I was surrounded by incredible green the entire time. The trees towered over my little Honda Accord like a cockroach on the floor of my kitchen (this is lucky, they're usually on my counter). At one point I stopped at a wonderful couples house to borrow a butter knife for my peanut butter sandwhiches. Her garden was absolutely stunning! She even had fish! They weren't growing in the ground but the plants all around them were.



All in all, it was a superb trip.



Hamlet 2.



Went and saw Hamlet 2 last night. I went in with super low expectations. Great idea. It was hilarious! One of the funniest movies I've seen in a very long time. If you have even the slightest love for theatre, you will go and see this movie. It is a tad on the ronchy side but nothing we've never seen before.

Go see it.



Jason.



yes...jason.

***i wrote half of this post this morning. now i'm finishing it. i'm very tired. this day was a lot longer than expected. i'll do it justice later.

1 comment:

Julie Kibler said...

Oh, Ryan, didn't I teach you to always take a plastic knife along with your peanut butter on trips? I fell down on the job. But that is pretty funny. I wonder what the people thought when you came up and asked to borrow a knife.

Trees overhead like cockroaches on your kitchen floor. Nice metaphor, if a little disturbing. There's a writer in you.

Jason?

Is it unfortunate that you have an internet girlfriend, or unfortunate simply because she lives in MS, thus is not in Texas? Hmm?

I do want to see that movie, no matter what kind of crappy rating the Startlegram gave it.

Love you!