Saturday, June 28, 2008

Runnin' away with the goods.

I knew I would be horrible at this blog. As you can see, it has been months since I even remembered this existed on the wide wide wide world web!

However, I do want to continue the experiment as best as I can, so without further adieu...


Today after much deliberation and months of searching I landed a job! I was so blessed that All-Pure Water Store started looking for a replacement the exact day I came in looking for work. All I have to do is fill bottles of water all day long. Luckily it's only on Saturdays which works completely perfect with the way I handle my life. The owners of the company are just a sweet old couple. They are your picture-perfect 60-some-odd couple complete with graying, neatly groomed hair, conservative and Christian values. I love them!

I couldn't help but laugh out loud a couple of times today at some of their quirks! When I arrived I was wearing my Matisyahu (jewish rapper) shirt with his picture on it. He has a large beard. Mrs. Water (whom will continuously carry this name) looked at it and said, "Is that one-a-them eastern religions!?" To which I responded, "Umm....Israel is eastern I guess." She was still confused.

Later she got on to me for having earrings. She said, "What are those things stuck in your ears?" And I said, "Oh yeah, these things! I always forget I have them!" And she said, "Well, I won't. Take them out you are a man!" Fair enough.

In general, it was a good first day. I shouldn't yet couldn't complain about anything.

.....until....

Earlier tonight I was pulling up to the gas station in the downpour of the century. I got out of my car, put the gas pump into the car, and proceeded to work the credit card display. After three attempts, my card was declined so I got back in my car to try another gas station. I got about 15 ft. when I hear a large POP. I look in my side mirror only to see a gas pump and its tube dangling from the side of my car. I thought to myself, "DAMN! I didn't even get gas!!"

The sales attendant said the bill was in the mail. Awesome.

I've been reading a lot of books recently so be ready for upcoming theological and philisophical posts!

1 comment:

Julie Kibler said...

Oh, goody, do we get nicknames, too?